What you need:
- 5 large fuchsia Peony stems cut 10.5 inches
- 3 white Hydrangea blooms cut 10.5 inches
- Cedar sprigs measure to drape down sides
- a Scotch Pine sprig cut abt. 10.5 inches
- a Douglas Fir sprig cut abt. 10.5 inches
- 1 stem Lemon Leaf cut about 10.5 inches
- a grocery store bouquet (this one had Lemon Leaf, fuchsia Asters, mums, 2 white roses, and a Douglas Fir sprig) cut rose 11.5 inches, Asters and mums 8.5 -12 inches.
- 5 natural pods
- a cylindrical vase wider in the middle (7 inches H x 5.75 inches Diam. in middle, 5 Diam. top and bottom)
- 2 blocks wet pack floral foam
- Design Master Brilliant Gold Metallic spray paint
- Design Master Gold Glitter spray (for some of the pods)
- garbage bag or newspaper for over spray
- 8 x 10 paper to cover bottom of vase
- a pine cone
- 18 gauge floral wire (to attach pine cone and wire roses)
- Gold patterned votives (Family Dollar Tree)
- Gold charger (Family Dollar Tree)
- Floating votives (IKEA)
Rated: Intermediate Arrangement
Peonies in Metallic gold give warmth and brilliance to this arrangement. I've been looking for Peonies and Whole Foods had them, 5 stems for $12. Sold. The peonies are paired with white Hydrangeas and white roses, showcased in a gold container. To wire the roses see: http://www.floristinyou.com/prep
If you can't find the perfect metallic gold container, paint one. This container is a glass vase sprayed with metallic gold, and the natural pods are sprayed as well, some with metallic gold and some with gold glitter spray.
Another natural element has been brought into the arrangement, a pine cone. You will need to weave floral wire around its base and then cut it long enough to insert into the foam. The woody brown texture of the pine cone goes with the natural pods. If you would like to add some flickering light to your tabletop, these gold patterned votives with floating candles will do the trick.
If you've gathered all of your supplies, let's go to work.