Valentine's Day Camellias
What you need:
- 9-10 pink and red camellia blooms
- 4 - 6 camellia stems with leaves
- 1/2 bunch white wax flower
- 1/2 brick wet floral foam
- 1 Valentine's day bucket 4.5 inches H x 5 inches wide (Michael's)
- 2 red velvet hearts (2 inch)Michael's
- 1 pink sequined 3 inch heart pick with pearls (Michael's)
- 6 inches of 1.25 inch wide red grosgrain ribbon
- 6 inches of 1.25 inch wide pink grosgrain ribbon with hot pink top-stitching
- a clear garbage bag liner
- a quart zip-lock baggie
- a produce knife (to cut the foam)
- a hot glue gun and glue sticks
- garden sheers
Rated: Easy Arrangement
Would you like a little bling? Well you have it with this triple bloom pink blush camellia with ruffled petals and yellow stamens hanging like silk tassels on a velvet curtain. This camellia could make you forget all about Peonies!
These red camellias are all cut from the bushes outside my front door. And the pink camellias and white wax flowers were cut from my good friend, Darlene's, yard. (If you are in Southern California, Darlene does wedding flowers. You can find her at http://www.flowersbydarlene.blogspot.com/). Darlene made little Valentine buckets with these flowers and I loved them and just had to make one up to show you. Use several types of camellias in your arrangements to add interest and variety, but if you only have one type, they are all fabulous. The camellias are perfectly paired with the delicate white wax flower.
The sequined heart is also a show stopper. The tutorial shows how to make the smaller red velvet heart floral picks accented with red and pink ribbon bows.
Well, grab up your garden shears, roll up your sleeves, and let's go to work.