With White French Tulips and Yellow Parrot Tulips
What you need:
- 1 bunch White French Tulips (cut 10.5 inches)
- 2 bunches Yellow Parrot Tulips (cut 10 inches)
- half a bag of small black stones
- 28 inches variegated green wired ribbon
- rectangular vase (rounded edges) 8 inches H, Opening 7 inches x 1.75 inches deep (purchase here)
- pruning shears
- fabric scissors
Flower Cost: $16.50
Rated: Intermediate Arrangement
Mother's Day is coming soon! Make Mom the perfect arrangement in this gorgeous contemporary vase yourself. A special thank you to Annette for lending it to me. The white French tulips with yellow stamens and the yellow Parrot tulips with their fringed petals just say 'spring'. They are anchored in place with small black rocks and provide a dramatic contrast to the bright green stems. You will cut them to 10.5 inches becasue they will continue to grow about an inch a day.
Now you might say, but where could I ever find a vase like that? Well...you can buy a vase like this (click here). This comes in a pack of 2. Give one to your mother in law. She will love you. This vase has a narrow depth so it allows you to use less flowers (24 stems) and still look full. It saves you money every time.
So, if you have your tulips, rocks, and the vase you are ready to begin.