Plus a Great Hack or Trick
What you need:
- 2 bunches fuchsia Peonies (cut 5 at 13 inches, 2 at 14.5 inches and 2 at 15.5 inches)
- 1 bunch green Mini Hydrangeas (cut at 15")
- 1 blue and white Ginger Jar (mine is 8 inches H x 6 inches W with a 3.5 x 3.5 inch W mouth)
- 1 blue and white 10" dinner size plate (purchase similar one here)
- 1/2 inch clear waterproof tape (purchase here)
Flower Cost: $23.97
Rated: Easy Arrangement
When I came upon these beautiful Peonies in the garden...ha ha ha, I wish. So, to confess I bought them in the grocery store. I couldn't help it.
I did a post earlier with a small arrangement of Peonies in a blue and white container: http://www.floristinyou.com/summer But this post shows how to easily make a large Peony and Hydrangea arrangement in a blue and white ginger gar with a simple hack or trick.
Make sure the rim of vase is dry. Make a grid out of 1/2 inch clear waterproof tape. (purchase here) Press down firmly on the rim. Go around the whole outer lip of the vase with tape catching the ends of the tape forming the grid to secure it. It is easy and it will hold you flowers in place. Now, if you have your flowers and vase, let's begin.