What you need:
- 2 stems Dusty Miller 18.5 inches long
- 1 stem Dusty Miller 19 inches long
- 3 stems of tall "Dusty Miler colored" greens 22 inches tall
- 2 pieces Asparagus Fern about 20" long
- 1 stem or spray of pink tipped Floribunda Roses. See Types of Roses: http://www.floristinyou.com/ginger-jar
- 7 extra large white Garden Roses 15" long
- 1-2 extra large fuchsia Garden Roses 14" long
- 2 extra large pink Garden Roses 14" long
- 3 medium pink Garden Roses 15" long
- blue stemmed vase about 12 inches H x 5.5inches Diam.
- pruning sheer
- floral stripper
Rated: Medium Difficulty
Here's an arrangement made with Garden Roses and Dusty Miller. I thought it would be perfect for Mother's Day if your mother likes roses and her last name is Miller. You don't even have to go to the store. Just go out to the garden with your pruning sheers and cut some garden roses and Dusty Miller. I am lucky enough to have good friends who have incredible rose gardens. If you don't, maybe you should move or make new friends. No seriously, I would love my friends even if they didn't have beautiful rose gardens.
This arrangement is also made in a borrowed blue stem vase that is simply elegant. The silvery leaves looked so beautiful through the blue glass that I left them all on. It is a rule to "take off all leaves below the water line", but in this case we broke the rule for the effect. I also added some brighter green with the Asparagus Fern and some long leafy "dusty miller colored" greens for a different shape. Watch out for the nasty thorns on the Asparagus Fern!
So, if have your flowers, plants, and your blue stemmed glass vase, let's begin.