What you need:
- 1 stem of a Phalaenopsis Orchid (mine was white and fuchsia)
- 2 stems Oncidium or "Dancing Lady Orchids"
- (mine were yellow and crimson)
- 1/4 bag of fresh clear marbles
- 1 Kosta Boda Safari Leopard Cat Modern vase or similar size: 11" tall
- 1 and a half yd. sheer white 7/8 inch wide ribbon
Rated: Easy Arrangement
This Kosta Boda Safari Leopard Cat Modern vase is sleek and vibrant. We will be making an orchid arrangement in it with yellow and crimson Oncidium or "Dancing Lady Orchids", a white and fuchsia Phalaenopsis Orchid, Curly Willow, and a wisp of a thin opaque ribbon.
This arrangement is very tall and has strong vertical lines at the bottom of it. The orchids form two arches on either side, and one branch of Curly Willow mirrors the arch to the right. Curly Willow is wild. It cannot be tamed, but it can be managed. You always need to look at your pieces, then select the ones that work with the dynamics of your arrangement. You sometimes need to tie Curly Willow to other stems or supports to get the look you want.
Skills you will learn:
- How to tie orchids to their supports with raffia
- How to tie Curly Willow to the orchids or supports with raffia
- How to tie a ribbon to an orchid to finish the arrangement
Are you ready for a Safari?