With Cicely Mary Barker flower fairie and a teaset
What you need:
- 1 extra large teacup (The one shown is Grace's Teaware - $6.99 at Home Goods)
- Jasmine Fairy Flower Fairies inspired by Cicely Mary Barker's drawings.
- miniature tray, milk bottle, creamer, spoon (Shown are charms set Pemberley by Bead Landing at Michael's)
- Miniature chair and table (Shown are from Michael's)
- Garden Ball - Mini Pot sticker Glow in the Dark by gardenbrightplus.com purchased M&M Nursery, Orange, CA
- 2 inch Lemon Button Fern (Nephrolepis cordifolia 'Duffii') full shade to filtered sun
- 'Charm' varity, Heron's Bill (Erodium chamaedryoides ) full sun,silver green ground cover with pink flowers
- Baby's Tears (Soleirolia soleirolli) part sun or shade ground cover with tiny green leaves.
- 2 inch Polka Dot Plant (Hypoestes phyllostachya Splash Combo Rose Rose) leaves of white with green and pink with green, high light indoors.
- a little moss
- a hand full of gravel
- floral clay
- needle nose pliers
Rated: Careful work
This fairy garden is planted with indoor plants. Yeah! You will need to put your teacup garden in indirect light. You don't want to burn it up in a South facing garden window. Fairies are sensitive and sunburn easily. This teacup is graced with the neoclassical Jasmine Fairy, hand painted with delicate features, she looks almost real sitting in this fairy garden, hanging her feet over the edge. Make sure to secure her in place with a little floral clay pressed into the seat of the chair. Likewise, use a small piece of clay to secure each piece of the tea set.
Place a handful of gravel in the bottom of the teacup for drainage. An alternative to this for drainage would be to drill a half inch hole with a diamond bit, starting to drill at a 45% angle with water on the surface of the bottom of the teacup. But gravel will do fine if you don't over water.
The wild little delicate fern in the back is Lemon Button Fern and is an Evergreen. It is the tiniest of Boston Ferns and if you crush one of its leaves it has a lemon scent.
If you have found your fairy, tea set, teacup, and tiny plants, its time for tea.