What you need:
- a 2 inch white Kolanchoe plant
- a 2 inch yellow Kolanchoe plant
- a 2 inch White Dot plant
- black wire frame high heel topiary
- 1/2 of an 18 x 11.5 inch bag of moss
- 1.5 inch wide variegated green wired ribbon (cut to 27.5")
- 2) rhinestones 3/4" diam.
- 2) rhinestones 1/4" diam.
- 2) tiny decorative bees on wires
- can of Green Glow
- mini glue gun and glue sticks
- fabric scissors
- utility scissors
- wire cutter
Rated: Moderate Arrangement
Did you guess right? There are eight steps to making this topiary. Topiaries are plants that have been trained to take a geometric, animal, or fanciful shape. In this case, the moss and plants take the shape of a wire frame high heel shoe. Topiaries were prevalent in Greek and Roman gardens. The three plants that are in this topiary are planted in a self contained soil pouch inside the shoe. The plants need to be watered and can last from months to years. A long stemmed watering can will be handy.
1. The first step is to attach the decorative bees to a floral pick by putting a bead of hot glue on the end of the pick and wrapping the wire around the glue while it's hot. (Don't get burned by touching the glue.)
2. Go outside and spray green leaves of Kolanchoe plants with Green Glow.
3. Pack toe and heel of shoe with moss.
4. Cut a sandwich baggie 2 and 3/4 inches high and place in opening of shoe to serve as liner.
5. Place 3 plants inside of liner and trim with moss to cover plastic liner.
6. Glue 2 large rhinestones on toe and 2 small on heel.
7. Cut ribbon to 27.5 inches and tie a bow on the heel and turn it on a slight angle across the shoe.
8. Place the bees and you are done!