A special thank you to the lovely Taylor Olson for modeling this flower crown and the talented Cody Owens for the photography.
What you need:
- 1 stem silk long eucalyptus leaves
- 2 stems artificial orchids
- 1 dusty gold large silk rose
- 2 red silk bearded iris
- 4 silk stems with 3.75 inch gold and green leaves like bay leaves
- 2 stems red and gold poppies
- 2 stems artificial maidenhair fern with string of golden pods
- paddle of 26 weight wire
- heavy utility sheers (99 cent store)
- wire cutters
Rated: Medium Difficulty Arrangement
Let your imagination run wild. Think fantasy, midsummer night's dream, faeries and flowers. Now that you have the imagery, we can go to work.
Begin by wrapping the wire at the widest part of the forehead around your head or the head of the person you are making this for. Now loosen it by a half an inch, making sure all three wires are uniform. Leave about 2.5 inches on both ends of the wire, and then cut the wire. You will now layer the flowers onto this base by weaving long pieces of wire (about 40 inches) long around the base and the flower stems. If you are ready for a little magic, let's begin.